Please be sure to register for this site to take advantage of all its features!
Due to a large number of would-be spammers and hackers, a larger measure of security has been added to the registration process. A passphrase is now required to register for this site. You can get this here. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Please note that new members may be approved by an administrator before continuing.
Occasional Newsletters have returned:Members of this site will automatically receive these occasional newsletters. Of course, you may opt-out at any time. Thank you for your interest. Non-members may subscribe through the Newsletter Subscription module on the left side of this page.
NEW! We have signed up for as a way of further spreading the word
NEW! Google +1 button added to every page here. Find it along the bottom of of each page
Use the +1 button to publicly show what you like, agree with, or recommend on the web. The +1 button can appear in a variety of places, both on Google and on sites across the web. For example, you might see a +1 button for a Google search result, Google ad, or next to an article you're reading on your favorite news site. Your +1’s and your social connections also help improve the content you see in Google Search.
Note: If you click a second time, it will remove your vote.
• There is a new countdown timer near the calendar to let you know how long it will be to the next live interview.
•Still being added. A FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). Directions are in each category for adding your own question. IMPORTANT: The information and material posted on this Web site is intended as general reference information only. Specific facts and circumstances may alter the concepts and applications of materials and information described herein. The information provided is not a substitute for professional advice and should not be relied upon in the absence of such professional advice specific to whatever facts and circumstances are presented in any given situation.
Redone: Thanks to a suggestion by Patrick, this site now had a "template chooser". It now automatically detects your device and chooses the alternate template for you. If you are on a cellphone, this site should have already loaded a special template optimized for PDAs and mobile phones.
•"Read these?" On the right side-bar. Random articles you may have missed.
• Donation Tracker on the message boards so that people can easily see how the donations are going and add a one-time donation from that "app".
• A section of "Male-Only" bios. 2007 through 2010 have been done so far. Older pre-2007 adrenal and ectopic bios have been added. Names A through D of the older pituitary bios have been added now.
• Live Talk / Video Chat at the bottom right of each page in the stationary toolbar. Please note that you need to obtain a password to enter and a second to broadcast video. Please contact MaryO on Facebook or the message boards for this password.
• Each article on this site allows for reader comments and suggestions.
• The Cushing's Boards are finished with a major upgrade and facelift. The forums are optimized for viewing on cellphones.
• Medical Centers. These are centers which specialize in Cushing's, pituitary or adrenal patients. If you, as a patient, have one that you'd like to have added, please send any info you may have to Mary O'Connor (MaryO). Thank you!
• Cushie Toolbar: Be the first to know! The Cushie Toolbar features a Google search box, the 911 Adrenal Crisis! page, the Cushie Reads book recommendations page, Cushie Calendar, all the bios, arranged by diagnosis type or date, add (or update) your bio, our locations around the world, the message boards and chatroom, Helpful Doctors list, add (or update) your Helpful Doctor, support page, scrolling message area for Cushing’s news, Cushing’s blogs, NIH Clinical trials for Cushing’s, pituitary and adrenal, the Cushings Help Organization cause on Facebook, Staticnrg and Cushings on Twitter, new CushieWiki and listen to the Cushing’s podcasts right from this toolbar.
I have been battling sickness for about a year and half now. It started with my gaining weight pretty rapidly (about 20 lbs. in a month-month and a half). I've never been super strict about my eatin [ ... ]
Cushing's disease is a condition where the pituitary gland produces too much ATCH, or adrenocorticotropic hormone. The increased ATCH levels cause the adrenal glands to release additional [ ... ]