I often forget to take my meds. And other days, I can't remember if I took them or not.
So, here's another great (FREE!) iPhone App: Rxmindme
From their features list at http://www.rxmind.me/Features.aspx
Making your life easyRxmindMe includes:
- Nine different types of reminders
- A Passcode Lock screen for your privacy
- Multiple types of alert sounds
- Photos of your prescriptions
- Email your prescription history
- The FDA Drug Database for easy searching of medications
- Historical records of all your reminders and prescriptions
- Fast App Switching
- iPhone 4 / iPod touch 4 - Retina Graphics
- Snoozing Capabilities, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours
- Ability to add multipule prescriptions / pills / vitamins / medications to a single reminder
RxmindMe has a growing feature set. We keep adding new things to help fellow pill takers monitor their medications, track what they take, and view their history of their medications.
We believe compliance is important for anyone taking medications, that is what RxmindMe aims to do, help you stay healthy and safe. No matter what you call your medications - pills, prescriptions, medications, or vitamins, we have the App to track them all.
RxmindMe allows you to use any application and receive reminders. We utilize iOS 4's Local Notifications instead of the old Push Notifications. With Local Notifications, you need no network connection. Meaning you'll receive your reminders anywhere at any time.
The home screen of RxmindMe gives you all your reminders for the day in once place. It allows you to easily identify which reminders you have missed, which reminders are coming up, and which reminders you have already taken.
From this home screen, you will have the option to create snoozes, add as needed reminders, and add prescriptions you take randomly throughout the day - like Asprin.
RxmindMe allows you to create nine different types of reminders
- Daily reminders, ones that can occur on any day of the week
- Weekly reminders, like daily reminders, but you can set weekly repeat intervals
- Monthly reminders, monthly reminders that occur on a specific date during the month
- Monthly reminders, monthly reminders that occur on a specific day of the week of a specific week of the month - for example, the last Friday of the month
- Our new Every "X" Days reminder, repeats every few days
- Hourly reminders for specific hourly intervals
- As needed reminders which are taken infrequently
- On specific dates, reminders that you want to occur on specific dates - for example the 28th of November
Now with the ability for devices with cameras to take photos of your prescriptions, you can see visually what you are supposed to take.RxmindMe will keep and store your photos for your medicates, then it will display them along your reminders.
RxmindMe now includes the up to date FDA database. You can search for prescriptions in RxmindMe, select the one you want, and it will auto populate the details for you. No more entering the units and name yourself!
No more forgotten meds for me!