Occasional Newsletters have returned: Members of this site will automatically receive these occasional newsletters. Of course, you may opt-out at any time. Thank you for your interest. Non-members may subscribe through the Newsletter Subscription module on the left side of this page.
NEW! Google +1 button added to every page here. Find it along the bottom of of each page
Use the +1 button to publicly show what you like, agree with, or recommend on the web. The +1 button can appear in a variety of places, both on Google and on sites across the web. For example, you might see a +1 button for a Google search result, Google ad, or next to an article you're reading on your favorite news site. Your +1’s and your social connections also help improve the content you see in Google Search.
Note: If you click a second time, it will remove your vote.
More about +1 from YouTube:
NEW Spreadsheet: Where do your donations to Cushings Help go? Updated 3/4/12
NEW! The Cushie Info Blog is now configured for mobile use http://www.cushie.info/blog/
• There is a new countdown timer near the calendar to let you know how long it will be to the next live interview.
• Still being added. A FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). Directions are in each category for adding your own question. IMPORTANT: The information and material posted on this Web site is intended as general reference information only. Specific facts and circumstances may alter the concepts and applications of materials and information described herein. The information provided is not a substitute for professional advice and should not be relied upon in the absence of such professional advice specific to whatever facts and circumstances are presented in any given situation.
Redone: Thanks to a suggestion by Patrick, this site now had a "template chooser". It now automatically detects your device and chooses the alternate template for you. If you are on a cellphone, this site should have already loaded a special template optimized for PDAs and mobile phones.
•"Read these?" On the right side-bar. Random articles you may have missed.
• Donation Tracker on the message boards so that people can easily see how the donations are going and add a one-time donation from that "app".
• New Groups. Whenever there's a new service, or site, I like to try it out to reach as many people with Cushing's as possible. I know that all Cushies aren't on Facebook, or Twitter or even on the Cushing's Help message boards. So, I'm giving these a whirl :)
Cushing's Help group on Posterous.
Open Cushing's Help Group on LinkedIn at Cushing's Help Organization
Cushing's group on empowHER
• A section of "Male-Only" bios. 2007 through 2010 have been done so far. Older pre-2007 adrenal and ectopic bios have been added. Names A through D of the older pituitary bios have been added now.
• Live Talk / Video Chat at the bottom right of each page in the stationary toolbar.
Please note that you need to obtain a password to enter and a second to broadcast video. Please contact MaryO on Facebook or the message boards for this password.
• Each article on this site allows for reader comments and suggestions.
• The Cushing's Boards are finished with a major upgrade and facelift. The forums are optimized for viewing on cellphones.
• Daily News Summary at Cushing's Daily News
• Medical Centers. These are centers which specialize in Cushing's, pituitary or adrenal patients. If you, as a patient, have one that you'd like to have added, please send any info you may have to Mary O'Connor (MaryO). Thank you!
• Cushie Toolbar: Be the first to know! The Cushie Toolbar features a Google search box, the 911 Adrenal Crisis! page, the Cushie Reads book recommendations page, Cushie Calendar, all the bios, arranged by diagnosis type or date, add (or update) your bio, our locations around the world, the message boards and chatroom, Helpful Doctors list, add (or update) your Helpful Doctor, support page, scrolling message area for Cushing’s news, Cushing’s blogs, NIH Clinical trials for Cushing’s, pituitary and adrenal, the Cushings Help Organization cause on Facebook, Staticnrg and Cushings on Twitter, new CushieWiki and listen to the Cushing’s podcasts right from this toolbar.
The Cushing's Help Cause currently has 1,770 members.
The Cushing's Help and Support Group has been upgraded to the new groups format, which makes it easier for members to connect and share. There are 623 members.
The very active Cushings Help Organization, Inc has 706 Fans.
A site translation feature has been added to all pages. On the right side of every page there is a box containing flag icons. Click the flag icon to translate the page into another language.
- New (Members Only)! A special menu along the bottom of each page where you can take notes, make changes to your profile, subscribe to RSS feeds and much more.
- New (Members Only)! Add your Twitter user name and the last 10 "tweets" will show up in your profile for other members to see. It your Twitter account is set to private, please don't add it here. Thanks!
- New (Members Only)! Track your health and fitness stats. Achieve your goals, print charts for your doctors. Add anything else that you would like to track. These are private graphs, available only to you.
- Members can submit links (URLs), send each other PMs, email each other directly, add avatars, add Helpful Doctors and rate current ones or add reviews. They can also add articles, events and meeting venues. Some articles are available to members only.
- Local Liaisons. We now have 16 Local Liasions around the world. Contact one of them who is nearby for more support and to find out about local meetings.
We always need more - please join us!
- A members PenPal list.
- Archived Articles are available to members only. These are usually News Items but some other articles are also being archived. Find them in the gray box on the right side of the main page.
More features coming soon!
This site is provided at no charge by the Cushings Help Organization, Inc. for Cushing's patients, friends and family - or anyone who wants to learn more about Cushing's.